Sparki is an affordable, easy to use, and fun intro to programming, electronics, and robotics. It is geared towards kids elementary-age and above, educators looking for an easy intro to robotics, parents eager to find something affordable but educational and fun, DIY enthusiasts, and more. It is simple enough for beginners, while being feature-packed enough to be a must-have for pro-users. Sparki is your chance to have your very own robot, completely open source and available to do your bidding. Sparki has already been sold in 51 countries. It has been featured on Fast Company, Boston Globe, MAKE, Kickstarter Staff Pick, Ars Technica and more. Sparki is ArcBotics’ answer to robotics in STEM education, and is being used in classrooms around the world. Here are some of the things you’ll learn how to do: Edge avoidance, Line following, Maze solving, Wall avoidance, Room navigation, Object retrieval, Follow/hide from light sources and Shape drawing. Spark’s programming comes available in both Arduino code (C/C++) and drag-and-drop programming, all open-source. Sparki components: 1x Ultrasonic distance sensor (get distance from Sparki to walls/objects), 1x 3-Axis Accelerometer (pick-up detection, fall detection, hill climbing), 1x 3-Axis Magnetometer (sense the magnetic field around Sparki, coordinate with accelerometer to detect compass heading), 3x Light-sensing phototransistors (light following, darkness seeking), 5x Line-following and edge detection sensors (mazes, line follow, sumo), 1x 128x64 Graphic LCD, 1x RGB LED (RGB = generate any color!), 1x Buzzer (beeping, booping, and musical tones!), 1x IR Transmitter (like your TV remote control), 1x IR Receiver (like your TV), 1x IR Remote control (lots of buttons to control Sparki with), 1x TTL Serial port for expansion (talk to an Arduino/Raspberry Pi), 1x Port for Bluetooth Serial Module (not in all rewards), Powered by 4xAA batteries (rechargeable or alkaline), 2x Geared stepper motors (precise, measured movement down to millimeters/ sub-degrees), Marker holder for drawing, USB cable and ABS plastic construction, durable and suitable for drawing.
- Learn programming, electronics, and robotics with an active global community and excellent support. Designed for beginners, feature-rich enough for advanced users
- Sparki includes sensors such as ultrasonic (detect distance), 3 light sensors, 5 line following and edge detection sensors, accelerometer (detect falls, climbs), magnetometer (sense magnetic field), a 128×64 Graphic LCD, remote control, and more!
- Sparki includes a marker holder and stepper motor wheels for precise drawing and writing
- Sparki comes preassembled, ready to go out-of-the-box with its USB cable
- Sparki is being used for STEM (Science, Math, Engineering, Technology) and robotics education in classrooms and homes around the globe
Sparki the Programmable Arduino STEM Robot Kit for Kids by ArcBotics
- Brand: ArcBotics
- Product Code: 852659896578
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: $149.00